Richly illustrated and information-packed tools for the novice or handy reference for the veteran, BASIC ILLUSTRATED books distill years of knowledge into affordable and visual guides. Whether you're planning a trip or thumbing for facts in the field, the BASIC ILLUSTRATED series shows you what you need to know.
Discover how to:
- Build a fire, even in wet weather
- Select and use camping gear
- Cook quick and tasty meals outdoors
- Rig a campsite with just four basic knots and hitches
- Use a map and compass to navigate the backcountry