Best Rail Trails Wisconsin is the complete guide to walking, jogging, biking, and cross-country skiing more than fifty of the best rail trails in the state that pioneered America’s rail trail phenomenon. Written by a local author with expert knowledge of the region, this easy-to-use book provides mile-by-mile descriptions of the most popular rural and urban rail trails in the Badger State, from the Osaugie Trail and the Elroy-Sparta State Trail to the Madison area’s wealth of options and Milwaukee's surprisingly secluded Oakleaf Trail.
Look inside to find:
• Full trail profiles, including length, access points, difficulty rating, and surface type
• Detailed trail maps
• At-a-glance icons for easy identification of rail trails that best suit one’s interests
• Information on wheelchair accessibility, parking, restrooms, where to rent bikes, and places to eat along the trail.
• Location of ranger stations, visitor centers, and depot museums
• Sidebars on local history and lore