On your next family trip, enjoy learning about nature, roasting marshmallows on the campfire, and finally curling up for the night in a cozy sleeping bag.
This step-by-step guide covers everything you need to know to take your family camping: hou to prepare, where to go, what to pack, that to do in camp, and how to handle things that go awry.
In this book, longtime outdoorswoman Goldie Gendler Silverman shares wisdom gained from more than 100 expert campers. Special features include:
- Expert Advice from kid and parent campers
- Quick Quizzes to help you choose the best camping style for your comfort
- Helping Hands tips for getting kids involved
- Imaginary Camping ideas to help you prepare
- Checklists to keep you organized
This inspiring guide also offers an introduction to other family outdoor activities, including river rafting, bicycle touring, boating, and more.
Whether you're a seasoned camper ready to introduce your kids to the outdoors or you have never camped before, this book is packed with tips and ideas for all!