Banff National Park, in the Canadian Rockies, receives nearly six million visitors a year. It is the most heavily-visited national park in Canada, and rightly so—it’s filled with ravishing sights.
Packed with color photos, this bestselling guide offers itineraries that show you how to see the best of Banff and the Canadian Rockies in a short time—with bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Featuring a full range of area and thematic tours, plus dining, lodging, shopping, nightlife, and practical visitor info, Banff and the Canadian Rockies Day by Day is the only guide that helps travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip. Inside this book you'll find:
• Full color throughout with hundreds of photos and dozens of maps
• Sample one- to three-day itineraries that include The Best Hiking, Banff for Photographers, Glaciers & Wildlife, Banff with Kids, and more
• Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions clue readers in on great finds and values
• Exact pricing so there’s never any guessing
• Tear-resistant foldout map in a handy, re-closable plastic wallet
Christie Pashby, author of this edition and of many previous editions of Frommer's guidebooks to the Canadian Rockies, lives in Alberta, Canada, and has spent years exploring the Canadian Rockies. She holds a BA from McGill University and a Bachelor of Journalism degree from the University of King's College. In addition to writing countless travel guides to Canada, Pashby is a part-time employee of the respected Banff Mountain Film Festival. And she is the mother to an active toddler who loves to hike, ski and bike as much as her parents.
Frommer's is proud to be publishing this definitive guide to the great Rockies of Canada, and to the hotels, restaurants, shops and other attractions that make this area such an exciting choice for vacationing.