New Orleans is once again a massively popular destination, on the bucket lists of many travelers. Our author, Diana K. Schwam, has written four books and numerous articles about New Orleans, where her long-ago desire to become a resident followed, she says, a familiar sequence: Vacation, Enrapture, Home Ownership, and Weight Gain.
The book is updated yearly and printed in large, easy-to-read type. It contains information on:
- The world-famous cuisine of the city's unique restaurants
- The vibrant music and nightlife scene
- New Orleans’ much-acclaimed museums and the architecture and history of the French Quarter, Garden District, and other famous locales.
- The city’s lodging options, with frank assessments of what’s worth your vacation budget and what isn’t
-16-page photo guide with vibrant photographs, at the front of the book plus black and white photos throughout
The book also includes special sections for those who are visiting during Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest; and day trips to nearby plantations and nature sights. Finally, there’s exact pricing for every item in the book, along with transportation tips, to help make your vacation worry free.
This book contains:
- A handy pull-out map
- Complete maps throughout, bulleted with points of interest
- A language guide at the back with useful phrases
- The very latest and best hotels, restaurants, shops, nightspots and attractions