Profiles 71 of the best hikes in the state. Detailed maps and directions and a superb selection of day hikes and overnight trips make this book accessible to all hiking enthusiasts, from families out for a summer walk in the woods to outdoor fanatics.
This updated edtition of Hiking Wisconsin Brings together seventy-on of the best hikes in the Badger State. Hike to hidden waterfalls in Lake Superior Country and along the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, or hit the trails of Black River Forest in Central Wisconsin. Venture along Lake Michigan's Door County or stroll amid the birder's paradise at Horicon Marsh. Each hike profile provides detailed maps and directions, and at-a-glance information helps determine the best path for the day.
Look inside to find:
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Full-color maps and photos throughout
- GPS coordinates
- Directions to the trailhead
- Mile-by-mile directional cues
- Difficulty rating, best seasons to hike, and much more
- Details about the area's unique climate and geology