Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road withLonely Planet's Civil War Trail Road Trips. Featuring four amazing road trips, plusup-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, you can visit Civil War battlefields where it all took place and immerse yourself in the lively music culture of the South, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Civil War Trail Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photographythroughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours
- Covers Washington, Virginia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Civil War Trail Road Trips is perfect for exploring the Civil War Trail in the classic American way - by road trip!
Planning a Civil War trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's USA guide, our most comprehensive guide to the Civil War regions, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Best of USA, a photo-rich guide to the destination's most popular attractions.
Looking for a guide focused on a specific city? Check out Lonely Planet's Washington, DC, guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer.