Lonely Planet Kenya is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch the wildebeest migrate across the Mara's plains, get close to the elephants in front of Mount Kilimanjaro, or wander the Lamu backstreets; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Kenya and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Kenya Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budget - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 60 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Walking Tours, or Travel with Children
- Coverage of Nairobi, Mombasa, Rift Valley, the Central Highlands, Masai Mara, Lake Victoria, Isiolo, Maralal, Lamu, Marich, Mt Kenya, Aberdares, Southern Kenya, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Kenya, our most comprehensive guide to Kenya, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's East Africa guidefor a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.