Tradition and innovation intertwine here: artistic masterpieces, windmills, tulips and candlelit cafés coexist with groundbreaking architecture, cutting-edge design and phenomenal nightlife. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Netherlands, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet The Netherlands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stroll the intricate canals of Amsterdam, revel in Utrecht’s nightlife or stand amid acres of flowering colour in South Holland; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Netherlands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet The Netherlands Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most
- guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, Dutch art, architecture,
- landscape, cuisine, entertainment, shopping, cycling and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Amsterdam map (included in print version), plus over 30 maps
Covers: Amsterdam, Haarlem, North Holland, Utrecht, Rotterdam, South Holland, Friesland, Central
Netherlands, Maastricht and more.