One of the world’s most captivating places, New York City has it all: celebrated concert halls, a renowned dining and drinking scene, and fascinating neighborhoods filled with people from every corner of the globe.
Lonely Planet New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Discover the kaleidoscopic dining scene; pick a neighborhood, lace on your walking shoes and spend the day exploring; or get lost inside the priceless collections at the sprawling Metropolitan Museum of Art, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet New York City Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, architecture, cinema, television, politics, cuisine, LGBTI culture
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map (included in print version), plus over 45 color maps
Covers: Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Chinatown, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, Union Square, Flatiron District, Gramercy, Midtown, Upper West Side, Harlem, Brooklyn, Queens and more