Lonely Planet Central Europe Travel Guide
Coverage of Germany, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Austria, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia & Liechtenstein.
Lonely Planet Central Europe is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire imperial palaces and perfectly iced cakes in Vienna, hike the peaks of the Tatras mountains, or take a history lesson along the Berlin Wall; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Central Europe and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Central Europe Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping & hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including art, history, beer, architecture, cuisine, music, landscapes, wine, literature, national parks, people, etiquette, wildlife and more.
- Over seventy maps.
- Useful features - including Itineraries, Month by Month (annual festival calendar), and Countries at a Glance.
- Coverage of Germany, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Austria, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, and Liechtenstein.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Central Europe, our most comprehensive guide to Central Europe, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.