“Lands of crumbling castles, soaring dunes, pagan rituals, towering pine forests, quaking lakelands and churning northern seas – a trip to the Baltic proves that fairy tales do come true…” – Brandon Presser, Lonely Planet Writer,
Lonely Planet Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the markets of Tallinn's fairy tale Old Town, experience the pagan rituals of midsummer's eve, or feel the sea breezes at Curonian Spit; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips save you time, money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips and prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight seeing, going out, shopping and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, dance, theatre, architecture, politics and cuisine.
- Over 70 local maps.
- Useful features - including What's New, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar) and Travel With Children.
- Coverage of Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, Parnu, Tartu, Viljandi, Muhu, Tukums, Bauska, Vidzeme, Daugavpils, Kaunas, Klaipeda, Moletai, Talsi, Utena, Palanga, Radviliskis, Kaliningrad, Helsinki and more!
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania, our most comprehensive guide to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.