Lonely Planet's Ethiopia, Djibouti & Somaliland Travel Guide is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the crooked alleyways of Harar, gape at the rock paintings of Las Geel, or experience the calcareous chimneys of Lac Abbe; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Ethiopia, Djibouti and Somaliland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Ethiopia, Djibouti & Somaliland Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips save you time, money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips and prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight seeing, going out, shopping and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, poetry, music, dance, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife and cuisine.
- Over 45 local maps.
- Useful features - including Top Experiences, If You Like (activity guide) and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar).
- Coverage of Addis Ababa, Djibouti City, Hargeisa, Harar, Lalibela, Gonder, Tigray, Berbera, Lac Abbe, Lac Assal, Las Geel, Bahir Dar, Aksum, Mekele, the Danakil, Woldia, Arba Minch and more!
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Ethiopia, Djibouti & Somaliland Travel Guide, our most comprehensive guide to Ethiopia, Djibouti and Somaliland, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.