“Experience aquamarine coastline, sun-bleached ancient ruins, strong feta and stronger ouzo. The Greek landscape thrills, and its people are equally passionate about politics, coffee, art and gossiping.” – Korina Miller, Lonely Planet Writer.
Lonely Planet Greece is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what hidden discoveries await you. Roam through the hilltop ruins of the Acropolis, climb to the monastery capped rock pinnacles of Meteora, or ferry across to one of the breathtakingly beautiful islands; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Greece and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Greece Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips save you time, money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips and prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight seeing, going out, shopping and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine and customs.
- Free, convenient pull out Athens map, plus over 130 color maps.
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Month by Month (annual festival calendar) and Eat Like a Local.
- Coverage of Athens, Crete, Santorini, the Ionian Islands, Evia, the Sporades, the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, the Saronic Gulf Islands, Macedonia, the Northeastern Aegean Islands and more!
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Greece, our most comprehensive guide to Greece, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.