Lonely Planet Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore underwater treasures including World War II wrecks, challenge yourself with the Kokoda Track, or experience the magnificent pageantry of a Highland festival; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential infoat your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including lifestyle, belief systems, the Kokoda story, history, arts, politics and landscapes.
- Over 47 local maps.
- Useful features - including Top Experiences, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Diving in PNG & Solomon Islands.
- Coverage of Port Moresby, the Highlands, the Morobe province, Madang, Lae, Mt Hagen, Goroka, Alotau, the Trobriand Islands, Rabaul, Honiara, Kokoda, Wewak, Vanimo, the Sepik, New Britain and more!
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands, our most comprehensive guide to Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.