Lonely Planet Portugal is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what hidden discoveries await you. Hear soulful fado in Lisbon, taste the difference between a tawny and a late bottled vintage in Porto, then dive into endless surf, sand and seafood in the Algarve; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Portugal and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Portugal Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips save you time, money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips and prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight seeing, going out, shopping and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including architecture, history, art, wine, cuisine, wildlife, music, etiquette, religion, sport, literature, politics and more.
- Over seventy color maps.
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Outdoor Activities, Eat & Drink Like a Local and Month by Month (annual festival calendar).
- Coverage of Lisbon, the Algarve, Porto, the Douro valley, Faro, Sintra, Evora, the Alentejo, the Beiras, Coimbra, the Minho, Estremadura and more!
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Portugal, our most comprehensive guide to Portugal, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.