Lonely Planet Southern Africa is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stand in awe at Victoria Falls, take a safari in Chobe National Park or climb one of the massive red dunes of Sossusvlei, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southern Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Southern Africa Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, politics, local customs, music, wildlife, and environment
- Over 125 maps
- Useful features - including Month by Month (annual festival calendar), Planning a Safari, and wildlife guide
- Coverage of Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Victoria Falls, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Southern Africa, our most comprehensive guide to Southern Africa, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet destination guides for a comprehensive look at what each destination has to offer.