“A nation rich in colorful traditions, warm-hearted people and off-the-beaten-track travel experiences, Ukraine is one of Europe’s last genuine travel frontiers.” – Marc Di Duca, Lonely Planet Writer.
Lonely Planet Ukraine is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what hidden discoveries await you. Descend into catacombs to see mummies in Kyiv, hike to Ukraine's highest peak - Mt. Hoverla, or watch the old Soviet-era trams rumble past in Lviv; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Ukraine and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Ukraine Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips save you time, money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips and prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight seeing, going out, shopping and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, Chernobyl, art, literature, sport, music, architecture, politics and cuisine.
- Over 45 maps.
- Coverage of Kyiv, Crimea, Lviv, Odesa, Yalta, Kamyanets-Podilsky, Chernihiv, Uman, Poltava, Transcarpathia, Podillya, Polissya, Ternopil, Kolomyya, Bakhchysaray, Sudak, Ploshcha Rynok, Andriyivsky Uzviz, Bukovyna, Lutsk, Southern Bessarabia and more!
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Ukraine Travel Guide, our most comprehensive guide to Ukraine, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.