Lonely Planet's West Africa Travel Guide is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the culture of Dakar or Marrakesh, visit the gorges and oases of the Sahara, or hike to paradise on Santo Antao in Cape Verde; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of West Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's West Africa Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips save you time, money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips and prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight seeing, going out, shopping and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, literature, cinema, religion, music, arts and West African peoples.
- Over 60 maps.
- Useful features - including Month by Month (annual festival calendar), Itineraries (suggested routes that maximise your time and money) and Peoples of West Africa.
- Coverage of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cote d'Ivoire, the Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo and more!
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's West Africa Travel Guide, our most comprehensive guide to West Africa, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.