Moon Spotlight Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains offers focused travel information and the unique perspectives of Travel Writer Jason Frye. In this easy-to-carry guide, you'll find sightseeing highlights, handy maps, and shopping, restaurant, and hotel recommendations. Packed with great ideas and advice from sampling the "Best Craft Beer in America" to climbing to the top of Chimney Rock, Moon Spotlight Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains is all you'll need for a memorable getaway.
Surprisingly cosmopolitan, Asheville has an energy that you don't find in many other places. It's surrounded by centuries-old art, music, and traditions...and mountains that are much older.
This book tells you what you need to know to plan the perfect trip for you:
- An itinerary for a five-day mountain getaway
- Where to hear bluegrass, mountain swing, and old-time Appalachian music
- The nightlife hot spots, including top local micro-breweries and taprooms
- options for hiking, rafting, and fishing in the Smokies
- The best places to connect with history, art, and culture of the Cherokee