South Dakota resident Laural A. Bidwell offers her firsthand experience and advice on Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills–including the Southern Hills, the Badlands, and Keystone. Bidwell provides unique travel strategies such as Best Hiking Trails, Viewing Wildlife, and Fossil Collecting in the Parks, Grasslands, & National Forest. With expert tips on the best dining, shopping, accommodations, and camping, Moon Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills
Enjoy the very best of Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills with these itineraries:
- The Best of the Black Hills
- The Great Outdoors
- Family Fun
- Paha Sapa: Sacred Land
- Getting Away from It All
- High Life in the High Country
Explore what Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Mount Rushmore and the Central Hills including Keystone, Hill City, and Rapid City
- The Southern Hills including Custer, Custer State Park, Hot Springs, and Wind Cave National Park
- The Northern Hills including Spearfish, Lead, and Deadwood
- The Badlands including Badlands National Park and Vicinity, Wall, and Pine Ridge Reservation