With hundreds of dramatic, full-color, large-format maps produced by Europe's finest team of cartographers, the fifth edition of the New Concise World Atlas solidifies Oxford's position as the only publisher of regularly updated atlases at every desirable size and price.
Containing over 100 pages of the most up-to-date topographic and political maps, the New Concise World Atlas also features a new front section of satellite imagery to replace the old "Earth in Space" section, as well as new detailed maps of the ocean seafloors. In addition to this new front section, there are 16 extra pages of world maps for this new edition covering areas such as Kazakhstan, Central Asia, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Peru, and Brazil.
Recent changes to the world's geography are thoroughly captured in this edition; fully updated tables and world statistics provide data on climate, population, area, and physical dimensions. Finally, an index with over 58,000 items make searching for lesser-known locales quick and easy.
Truly international in scope, created with meticulous care, and reflecting the very latest political developments and census information, Oxford's New Concise World Atlas, Fifth Edition achieves the highest standard among international map resources. This engaging and affordable resource is second to none in the superb quality of its maps, the breadth of its coverage, and its easy-to-use convenience.
- Fully digitized maps providing detailed political and topographical information
- Satellite Imagery and detailed maps of the Ocean Seafloors
- Engaging articles on world economies, languages and religions, water and land use and much more
- New tables and statistics that cannot be found in any other reference source
- A comprehensive index with over 58,000 items