Stay out of the doghouse when traveling with your furry-faced family members. If you’ve ever arrived where you’re going — tired, hungry and dogs barking — only to discover an unexpected pet policy, you’re not alone. Traveling with pets brings countless joys, but planning ahead is key.
Get the scoop on what to know, before you go, with The AAA PetBook and AAA.com/PetBook website. We help you prepare for the ride, find help in an emergency and choose places to stay, play and eat where the whole gang’s welcome, fur and all!
- More than 13,000 AAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotels, with specific pet policy details including deposits and fees, size restrictions, housekeeping and pet care services and designated rooms
- About 1,000 AAA Approved and Diamond Rated restaurants that allow pets in outside dining areas
- More than 800 pet-friendly campgrounds
- Popular AAA Approved and GEM designated attractions that allow pets or offer kennel service
- Dog parks and pet-friendly national public lands
- Emergency animal clinics, U.S./Canada border crossing information and pet travel planning tips