With insightful writing, up-to-date reviews of major attractions, and a lot of "local" knowledge, The Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas has it all. Compiled and written by a team of experienced researchers whose work has been cited by such diverse sources as USA Today and Operations Research Forum, The Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas digs deeper and offers more than can any single author.
This is the only guide that explains how Las Vegas works and how to use that knowledge to make every minute and every dollar of your time there count. With advice that is direct, prescriptive, and detailed, it takes out the guesswork. Eclipsing the usual list of choices, it unambiguously rates and ranks everything from hotels, restaurants, and attractions to rental car companies. With The Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas, you know what’s available in every category, from the best to the worst.
The reader will also find the sections about the history of the town and the chapters on gambling fascinating. In truth, The Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas by Bob Sehlinger emphasizes how to have fun and understand the crazy environment that is today's Vegas. It's a keeper.
What’s New in the Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas 2017?
– Over 100 hotels and casinos described, rated, and ranked - the most offered by any guidebook - plus strategies for scoring the best rate
– Reviews of more than 100 restaurants - a complete dining guide within the guide, plus the best buffets and brunches rated and ranked
– The best places to play for every casino game
– More than 50 pages of gambling tips, including how to play, recognizing sucker games, and cutting the house advantage to the bone
– Critical reviews of more than 80 of Las Vegas's best shows
– Complete coverage of the Las Vegas nightclub, bar, and lounge scene, with bombproof advice on how to get into the mos exclusive venues
– Detailed instructions for avoiding Strip and I-15 traffic gridlock
– In-depth descriptions and consumer tips on shopping and experiencing attractions